Microsoft Power Automate Instant Cloud Flow supports ON-Demand running from within Dynamics 365 such as running an Instant Cloud Flow on the Account table record/row – similar to Dynamics 365 On-Demand Workflow.
Here is a good blog from D365 Demystified on steps to build an Instant Cloud Flow in Dynamics 365.
Note: To find ALL the Power Automate Flows (Inside OR Outside a Solution) for an environment – use the Power Platform admin center. More details near the end of this blog.
Some notes regarding Dynamics 365 CDS Connector, Solution, Security and Microsoft Power Automate Instant Cloud Flow based on 2020 release wave 2 (Server version: 9.2.21021.00144):
- Power Automate Instant Cloud Flow is ONLY available using the Common Data Service (CDS) connector BUT NOT the Common Data Service (current environment) version at this time
- ONLY the Common Data Service (CDS) connector offers the “When a row is selected” trigger
- The “When a row is selected” trigger will display the Instant Cloud Flow in the associated Dynamics 365 Entity (Table is the new name going forward) such as the Accounts table
- Power Automate Instant Cloud Flow CAN BE created outside of OR within a Solution – Flows created from either outside or inside a Solution will show up in the associated Dynamics 365 Table
- An Instant Cloud Flow created outside of a Solution however CAN NOT be added to a Solution at this time, only an Instant Cloud Flow created FROM WITHIN a Solution CAN be added to another Solution. Add existing cloud flow to a Solution DOES NOT work for Instant Cloud Flow created outside of a Solution (other types of Flow such as Automated Cloud Flow is OK). Link to this limitation
- There is the issue of UNABLE to Save As an Instant Cloud Flow created inside a Solution to another Solution – the Save As will save the copy of the Instant Cloud Flow OUTSIDE of a Solution
- Instant Cloud Flow has ONLY TWO security levels – “Owners” or “Run only users“
- To limit specific Flows to only some Dynamics 365 users – ADD only those users as “Run only users” – THIS ONLY applies to Instant Cloud Flow that is created OUTSIDE of a Solution
- Instant Cloud Flow that is created INSIDE of a Solution – will ignore the “Run only users” and be available to all Dynamics 365 users. There is an option to NOT Allow Running Flows based on Dynamics 365 Security Role settings (Security Role > Customization > Miscellaneous Privileges > Run Flows) but not at the individual specific Instant Cloud Flow level IF it was created INSIDE of a Solution
- Power Automate My flows DOES NOT show ANY Instant Cloud Flows created inside a Solution
- Instant Cloud Flows created inside a Solution show up within the Solution only
To SEE ALL the Power Automate Flows (Inside OR Outside a Solution) for an environment – use the Power Platform admin center
Select the Environment > click on the Resources and select Flows
Note: The Owners column value will be blank for Flows that are INSIDE a Solution.
Contact me if you need some Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Sales Customer Engagement assistance.
12 times awarded Microsoft MVP – Dynamics 365 / CRM
San Francisco Bay Area | Silicon Valley