Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online was released to the world on January 17th, 2011. For current CRM Online (v4) organizations – you should plan and schedule your upgrade to take advantage of the latest capabilities and prepare your users so they are ready.
Microsoft CRM Online System Administrator users should have received an email from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Team regarding this – Upgrade Process and Technical Information link.
Here is a summary on scheduling the upgrade (you can always change it later):
- Log in to Microsoft CRM Online with System Administrator security role
- Navigate to Settings >> Administration >> Subscription Management:
- Click “Schedule Upgrade” and select the preferred and alternate dates:
- Click “Next” to review the Schedule Summary and then click “Schedule” to confirm.
Note: you can always come back and change it later
That’s it, pretty easy. Now to the more challenging part:
Getting your users ready!
I would recommend these initial steps for the Microsoft CRM Administrators:
- Become familiar with Microsoft CRM 2011
- Identify your company’s standard CRM processes and system integrations that are currently in place (these are critical for business continuity)
- Setup a test/trial Microsoft CRM 2011 Online environment – FREE Microsoft CRM Online 30 Day Trial access with our Professional Assistance!
- Port over the current customizations to CRM 2011 – Contact me if you need help
- Review, validate and streamline the standard CRM processes using the new Microsoft CRM 2011
- Resolve any upgraded customizations that don’t work well in CRM 2011
- Prepare user training on the above so they are ready!
Contact me if you need help with your Microsoft CRM. Free Estimate.
FREE Microsoft CRM Online 30 Day Trial access with our Professional Assistance!
Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP since 2006