A typical request when setting up the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client for the "front desk" administrative staffs is to support different "front desk" CRM Users accessing the SAME computer. The good news is that this scenario is fully supported by the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook client "Microsoft CRM Outlook Client" (Microsoft CRM 4.0 or CRM Online) but without "Offline Access". That is OK – since a "front desk" computer usually doesn’t need "Offline Access".
The following steps show how to setup multiple Microsoft CRM Outlook configurations on the SAME PC:
1. Login to the PC as the 1st CRM User using the computer. Be sure that the Microsoft Outlook is setup for the 1st CRM User
2. Install the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client (without Offline Access) for the 1st CRM User
3. Configure the CRM Outlook Client via the Configuration Wizard for the 1st CRM User
4. Logout 1st CRM User and Login as the 2nd CRM User. Be sure that the Microsoft Outlook is setup for the 2nd CRM User
5. Configure the CRM Outlook Client via the Configuration Wizard for the 2nd CRM User
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other CRM Users accessing this computer
Note: This is the error message you will encountered at step 5 above if the Microsoft CRM Outlook Client with "Offline Access" was installed: "… Only one user can be configured per computer for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with Offline Access."
Contact us if you need help with your Microsoft CRM. Free Estimate.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
FREE 30-Day Trial, Setup & Training – Microsoft CRM Online
Sign up for a FREE 30-Day Trial, Setup & Training