One of my favorite setup on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook Client is the "Favorite Folders" shortcuts. It allows me to jump from reading my emails to reviewing my CRM Opportunities in one button click – taking maximum advantage of having Microsoft CRM within Outlook.
The Problem: Microsoft CRM users experience the following common issue with Microsoft CRM Outlook "Favorite Folders" shortcuts – the shortcuts disappear whenever the Microsoft CRM Outlook Add-in is disabled (mostly due to the lost of network connectivity to the CRM Server).
The Solution: Create Permanent Microsoft CRM Outlook Favorite Folders
1. Open the properties of a CRM entity that you want to create a permanent favorite folder. Copy the "Address" value.
For example: Right mouse button click on the CRM Account entity >> Home Page >> copy the entire "Address" value https://workopia.crm.dynamics.com…
2. Create a new Outlook Folder and give it a proper name such as "CRM Accounts"
3. Update the "Address" value property on the new Outlook Folder to same as 1 above. Be sure to check the "Show home page by default for this folder"
4. Add the new folder to your Outlook "Favorite Folders" by right mouse click on the new folder and select "Add to Favorite Folders"
5. Test out the new permanent Favorite Folder. Repeat steps 1 to 5 for other CRM entities you like