Last update: 6/28/07
Update Rollup 2 is now available, use Update Rollup 2 going forward.
Link to newer Update Rollup 2 writeup: http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A2586C4AB938C065!192.entry
Last update: 4/7/2007
Here are the links to the latest public updates available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 and the approch I’d recommend for applying these updates:
1. Update the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server with the Update Rollup 1
Download the Update Rollup 1 via the following link:
Note: No need to apply the Update Rollup 1 for the Microsoft CRM Outlook Clients, but instead apply the following "V3C":
2. Upgrade all the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Clients to "V3C"
Download the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft Office Outlook Compatibility Update via the following link:
3. Update Daylight Saving Time (DST) on Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server and Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Clients:
- "V3C" will detect your exiting Microsoft CRM Outlook client and will perform an upgrade. It supports both Vista and Office 2007, plus backward compatible with Windows 2000/XP and Office XP/Office 2003!
- All new Microsoft CRM Outlook clients installation should be installed with "V3C"
- As a good practice, always backup your Microsoft CRM environment prior to any updates, check out the following Microsoft CRM Backup link:
4. Review Hotfix below and apply only if needed.
Issue: "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Action: Request this Microsoft CRM Hotfix 931270 via CustomerSource, apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific issue. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Dynamics CRM service pack that contains this hotfix.
Note: This problem is also corrected in an update for the 2007 daylight saving time (DST) changes. As a good practice, always apply publicly available updates first (since it received more testing) that could resolve the issue(s) prior to requesting Hotfix.